Sunday, November 11, 2007

Zephyrus analysis continued

Analyzing page four-feature article-"Pets in classrooms offer new approach to learning."

The title definitely grabs ones attention, and it has the proximity element nailed. However, this article falls flat for one simple reason-it fails the "Who Cares" method. Unless you are actually in a class that uses animals to teach, this article is worth little more than a passing glance. I, for one, have noticed no new animals in our school, even though this started this year, and that is simply because I’m not in a class where pets are used. On the other hand, if I were in such a class, I suppose I would be happy that it (the class) was in the spotlight. All in all though, this article probably shouldn't have been on page four, and was, to me at least, relatively uninteresting. It should be noted, however, that the author got several quotes from a teacher using pets in the classroom, as well as students therein, and covers why some teachers have not yet added pets (they might bite, escape cages, etc).

No comments: