1) Slug: Girls Soccer at State
2) Section of newspaper story would appear (no Op-Ed):Sports
3) What are the most dominant news elements in the story? Explain in-depth:
Proximity-This event is happening within our own high school, to students many of us know. It is logical, therefore, to assume that many people would be interested to learn about this.
Timeliness-Simply put, this happened recently. Because of that, people are bound to be more interested then if, say, it had happened a week and a half ago.
4) In a few sentences, describe what the story will be about:
The article would interview key members of the girls soccer team, and talk about their journey to state. It would also cover what they hope to accomplish.
5) Specifically, who will you interview or contact? Why those people?
The coach, Simon Whitehead, to get phone numbers for other members of the team, as well as to question him about his team's success.
I would interview the team captain, Kelsey Moir, Natalie Pastor, and any other teammates that they (highly) reccomended.
The opposing team's coach, too get an opposing point of view, assuming he has one at all.
6) What information do you need to gather before you begin interviews? Contact information for each potential interviewee, as well as what questions I may ask during the aforementioned interview.
7) What questions do you definitely need answered in your interviews? Why?
What do you hope to accomplish, certainly. It would give the reader's an idea of the team's hopes and aspirations, and give them an idea what to expect in terms of effort. Possibly a question about practice schedules, to once again showcase the effort being put into training for State.
8) What photo opportunities are available to go alongside this story (give names, places, times, etc.)?
9) Who should a photographer contact to set up photographs?
10) What concerns or problems do you foresee in getting this story together?
The coach, or a key player may not wish to speak to me for various reasons of his or her own.
11) Other information?
It's possible there could a section for quotes from players, or words of encouragement from friends or family.